According to Variety, Oscar and Grammy-winning star Jennifer Hudson has signed on to play the complex South African political figure Winnie Mandela.
Winnie, which starts filming in South African in May 2010 will be directed by Darrell J. Roodt who hasÂ directed South African films like Yesterday, Cry The Beloved Country and Sarafina!
Winnie Mandela is a polarizing figure known for her strong support for then-jailed husband Nelson Mandela and the struggle against apartheid. However she has been implicated in the death of a 14-year-old informant and was convicted of fraud in 2003.
Peep the rest at AfriPop!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017