For EstÃ©e Lauder, Derek Lam’s Fall 2010 show was a first â€” that is, it was the first time in the brand’s history (that’s 64 years, to be exact) that it participated in Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. And what a way to make a debut! EstÃ©e Lauder Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux spearheaded the 15-member team of makeup artists, while manicurist Jin Soon Choi and her team painted models’ nails with a brand new flesh-toned shade unveiled at the February 16th show.
The look created for the show consisted of matte skin with just a tad of bronze along the cheekbones, dramatic blue eyeshadow, and copper lips â€” a simple look and yet one that added just the proper amount of drama to Lam’s slightly Western-flavored collection, with its earthy palette, leather and fur fabrics, and metallic details. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the look is the fact that the blue shadow is applied to the entire eye region, all the way to the brow line (and note how brows are shaped in a more dramatic, diagonal angle), and that no liner, contouring shades, or other pigments are applied atop it. See how simple makeup can still create a bold statement?
Check out the rest at SickaThanAverage.com!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017