Incurable ASOS.com shopping addicts that we are, you can imagine how we received the news that theyâ€™re doing an African fashion line. ASOS Africa is an off-shoot of The Green Room,Â a line-up of fashion and beauty brands, ASOS.com own-label collections and a series of ASOS.com collaborations with artisans and small producer groups â€“ all with the aim of supporting social and environmental awareness.
ASOS Africa is a capsule collection of clothing and accessories designed, sourced and produced in collaboration with several small communities in Africa. It will offer contemporary silhouettes such as jumpsuits, playsuits, blazers and cropped trousers all re-worked using African Kangaâ€™s â€“ the vivid printed cottons traditionally worn throughout Eastern Africa â€“ as well as handmade leather accessories. ASOS Africaâ€™s Â clothing prices ranging from Â£15 -Â£75 and accessories from Â£18 -Â£32.
Its launch coincides with Fairtrade Fortnight, The Fairtrade Foundationâ€™s annual two week awareness campaign which this year runs from 22 Feb â€“ 7 March.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017