It works out great for me — I’m a Jets fan, and the Steelers choosing to rid themselves of the other player on the team with legal issues puts me in a shiny happy place. I will be glad to see Butterfingers Braylon get some help, but damn, if I was from Pittsburgh?
Not only do I lose my number two receiver, I’m stuck rooting for a guy who might, in a drunken moment decide to overpower someone I know — and rape her.
It ain’t easy being steel right now. I don’t know how the ladies are going to deal with this during the season, but I’m hoping this all works out for the best in the end for all involved, and the female fans especially. You shouldn’t be forced to choose like this.
Like Teritaâ€™s take on sports? Tired of people assuming that women arenâ€™t die hard sports fans? Or maybe youâ€™re using this column to make sure your bfâ€™s weekly sports obsession doesnâ€™t completely put you to sleep and you can make conversation? Either way, read the rest of Teritaâ€™s Sportie rundown below.
Last 5 posts by Sportie
- Why Reggie Bush Losing the Heisman Trophy is Ridiculous - September 8th, 2010
- From Haynesworth to Ocho Cinco and Terrell Owens, Sometimes the NFL Justâ€¦ - August 5th, 2010
- Bob Sheppard & George Steinbrenner Passing Marks New Era for NY Yankees - July 14th, 2010
- Basketball Trades and McGrady: 'No Garden For Bad Knees' - February 26th, 2010
- Super Bowling...An Explanation - February 5th, 2010