I was home cooking, but word on the street, and Twitter of course, states that Drake’s free concert at New York City’s South Street Seaport to celebrate the release of his debut album “Thank Me Later” was shut down due to over-crowding and general Woodstock-type madness. My people, my people. My favorite man-on-the-street quote?
“I got hit with a chair tonight – Drake needs to give me some free tickets,” said Afiya Phillips, 18, of Brooklyn.
Drake statement through his publicist said “I am humbled by the crowd that showed up in support of my performance. Unfortunately, the show was canceled by the NYPD due to overcrowding, leaving me without the chance to give my fans a real show.”
Blah blah blah. The question is, will this be good for “Thank Me Later” sales? Me thinks all publicity — as long as you’re not peeing on little children — is good publicity. Fans bought the Canadian’s mixtape “So Far Gone” and IT WAS FREE. He’ll be fine.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011