Did DSQUARED2 designers Dean and Dan Caten spend countless hours at the Fossil Halls within the American Museum of Natural History, studying the complex relics of T-Rex, Stegosaurus and Triceratops dinosaurs? Or have they been catching up on re-runs of FOX’s “Bones”? Whatever the case, their Fall 2010 footwear offerings boast an anthropological bent, with curved heels that mimic the stacked vertebrae along a spinal column.
Though these styles won’t be hitting stores until August, their bony heels are already causing a stir among shoe hounds. Last Thursday, June 10th, pregnant songbird Alicia Keys wore the Open Toe Frank N Furter Pumps (pictured above) during her performance at the FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert and even uploaded a Twitpic of the shoes so her Twitter fans could get a close-up view. Needless to say, the Twitpic set the Twitterverse was abuzz with shoe chatter.
Additional styles include the Rif Raf Ankle Boot, which features a built-in platform, leather uppers, and corset-like lacing along the side. Another standout is the Mummia Sandal, a sandal with criss-crossing elastic and nylon straps that create a bandage-like effect.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017