As a person who makes most of her food at home, you can imagine that a turkey sandwich eventually gets pretty boring. Mayo, mustard, a slice of cheese and some avocado can only go so far. So a few months ago I decided to get crazy with the cheese whiz. OK, not really the cheese whiz, but definitely my mayonnaise.
Taking out my food processor that I received as a Christmas present, I spooned in about:
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
3-4 sun-dried tomatoes
I smeared the newly invented mayo on my bread and grilled the combination turkey sandwich on my roomie’s George Forman (those things are GENIUS!) and smiled all the way back to my desk. I’m sure I’ll come up with more mayo combinations as time passes and, hey, have you seen those fancy mayo’s in the grocery store? *guffaw + judgement face* Homemade is always better, just ask Curren$y.
Are you making something in your kitchen that’s awesome? We want to know! Leave the recipe in a comment below.
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011