Last night I hit the celebration for Aliya S. King’s new novel “Platinum” at NYC’s Bo Concepts. Mrs. King also wrote “Keep The Faith,” Faith Evans’ story, which Shannon devoured and an upcoming memoir with Harlem drug kingpin Frank Lucas. Mrs. King looked wonderful and had the wives/ex-wives of DMX and Swizz Beatz in attendance, Tashera Simmons and Mashonda Tifrere, respectively (pictured above).
How was the party? Lovely, but I was really excited to meet Mrs. King freckle-to-freckle (ie. face-to-face) because she’s one of the architects of the music journalism genre.
In short, she’s awesome.
So I was THRILLED to meet her. And yes, there’ll be a Q&A with Mrs. King about “Platinum” coming up here on Parlour. WOOT!
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011