Aaliyah was kinda awesome, and probably still the reason I like bangs hanging over my eye like a single-socket bandit to this day. Unfortunately her light was cut short in 2001 after passing away in a plane crash. Remember her “We Need a Resolution” video with the snakes? Then remember when Britney Spears performed at the MTV Video Music Awards what felt like months later with a snake of her own? I was slightly offended. Did anyone else notice that?
Today marks the ninth anniversary of her passing and Parlour is celebrating her life with a few of our favorite jams over here.
What was you fave Aaliyah song? Tell us in a comment below.
Aaliyah – One In A Million
Aaliyah – At Your Best (You Are Loved)
Aaliyah & DMX (before crack) – Back In One Piece
Aaliyah – We Need A Resolution
Aaliyah – Are You That Somebody?
2001 MTV Video Music Awards Tribute
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011