Now that AMC’s Mad Men has invaded our Sunday night schedules, inspiring vintage style viewing parties, cocktails and clothing collections, it was only a matter of time until Dyna Moe’s MAD MEN, The Illustrated World made it to our coffee tables. The first “official” tie-in book to the series, it’s more of a tongue-in-cheek guide to the 1960’s than an illustrated collection of stories, featuring hilarious “tips” for navigating oneself through the times. Since we’ve had it here in the Parlour apartment, we’ve also had to stop it from magically disappearing into visitor’s bags. Some Parlour faves: Outfitting A Hotel For A Workday Tryst, Makeup Tips for Young Moderns, and Phrases for Well Meaning Squares which includes the classic “I have all of Harry Belafonte’s albums” and “How many ascots should I pack for the Freedom Ride?”
Mad Men fans will probably recognize Dyna’s illustrations from AMC’s online Mad Men avatar feature, but the way she manages to capture Paul’s boho aspirations and Betty’s juvenile angst is brilliant. Bonus? The Miss Joan Harris paper doll collection!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017