South London emcee Tinie Tempah popped up in New York City last night at the annual Roots/Okayplayer Holiday Jam, a nice look after winning at the MOBO awards over a month ago and being heralded as the next Dizzie Rascal of British urban music. Joined onstage by Chiddy Bang and backed by The Roots to perform his single “Pass Out,” it was funny to see the crowd struggle to figure out who he was, as he hasn’t crossed over the pond musically yet. One girl even attempted to google him mid-performance, bless her. Miss London already made her love for Tinie (born Patrick Okogwu) known, but after seeing him hold his own live on stage in front of a crowd of music industry darlings he should be making more noise stateside soon. See our Parlour TV exclusive of his performance, and his awesome pair of jodphurs, below. Enjoy ladies!
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017