I’m not the most girlie of girls, but even I succumbed to the feminine television giant, Lifetime. The channel, affectionately known as ‘Wifetime’ by the men in my life, aired one of the scariest things on Monday night, an original film called “The Craigslist Killer.”
Now the film, based on the real life serial killer Phillip Markoff, wasn’t chilling because the culprit was offing chicks via the digital playground that sells (or sold) everything from futons to hand-jobs. My cynicism .. ehn … expects those types of things and the erotic arm of Craigslist was actually shuttered in 2010 as a result of this crime. But no, I was terrified and intrigued because the murderer was living a double life where he was a successful medical student studying to be a surgeon and engaged to a young woman. The film portrayed the culprit as a tall, blond Caucasian man that held open doors for old ladies right after he’d attempted to kill a woman just steps away. The kicker? His betrothed had no idea he was a violent murderer.
*cue the Alfred Hitchcock music*
Can you imagine? The film makes you wonder what you don’t know about your significant other, not to mention, what things you’ve overlooked for love. I’ll admit good loving’s made me blind to people’s laziness and stupidity, among other things, but how badly do you want a relationship Â â€” or how good is your beau at hiding his skeletonsÂ â€” when you don’t realize your guy is a sociopath?
What have you overlooked for love?
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011