I still remember Ghostface Killah visiting The Source magazine office when I was a lowly assistant to the Editor In Chief. He was wearing that infamous blue bathrobe with a giant gold arm cuff touting an eagle on top and he was much taller than I expected. I loved it. This was around the release of his Pretty Toney album, which is still my favorite Ghost album (Yes, I know it should be something else … ) from “Kunta Fly Shit” to the horns that sound like sirens on “Run” featuring Jadakiss in his prime. (read more)
To celebrate Ghost’s 41st born day on May 9, here are a few Parlour faves from the original emo rapper. Enjoy!
Last 5 posts by Hillary aka Steely D
- DJ Kalkutta's 'Boy Talk': THROWBACK! - July 10th, 2011
- Marc Jacobs & Emily Browning in Black And White - June 24th, 2011
- Estelle Feels Up Omari Hardwick in 'Break My Heart' Clip - June 24th, 2011
- Gay Marriage Vote Delayed, Queen Latifah's Trainer & Kelly Rowland's Ab DVD, Casey Anthony Case, Christian Lacroix Re-Emerges, Lone Woman Charged for Rwandan Genocide - June 24th, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan Fails Drug Test, Hulu For Sale?, Global Fashion Week, U2 In-Fighting, Whitey Bulger Caught, Lil Wayne Covers XXL - June 23rd, 2011