People always act like I spend my life crying in a dark room. I don’t, I’m good. I’m a man.
A journalism colleague at GQ tweeted this quote from Drake earlier today and I immediately I slapped my desk and howled in laughter. This guy Drake man … As the official release
not my bootleg of course of Aubrey Graham’s sophomore album Take Care on November 15 inches closer, the Gentleman’s Quarterly chatted with the sensitive Canadian about, well, his emotions, sweater game and where he might be able to find his ideal woman. I also thought where his dream girl might be living was also pretty funny. Here are a few gems I liked:
– Who’s the ideal girl? She is very funny, very supportive, understands that right now I’m trying to build with somebody. The ideal girl is driven, working on something other than modeling or being a singer … She’s probably in New York to be honest with you. There are a lot of good women in New York.
– I wish that we lived in a time and a generation where people would stop viewing my honesty as overly emotional. People always act like I spend my life crying in a dark room. I don’t, I’m good. I’m a man. I want to be remembered as an artist that gave you a piece of me, as opposed to some surface bullshit. I don’t think people realize that we die, we leave here, and either they forget about you or remember you. And how they remember you is up to you. I just want to be remembered as a poet that was open and honest.
Read the rest on GQ.com.
ps. And I would post it if I didn’t think Universal would harass me later, that “Take Care” track with Drake and Rihanna? It’s been on repeat in this apartment for the last 48 hours. *vogues*
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016