If you saw our coverage of the UK Launch of Helen Jennings’ New African Fashion, you probably wondered when the party was going to come state-side. Well lucky for our New York City Parlouristas, Jennings, along with the ladies of Mataano, designer Mimi Plange and the legendary Bethann Hardison will be discussing the book and the role of African fashion and talent globally at the New York Public Library on Wednesday November 30th from 6-8pm. Helen will be presenting the history and future of African fashion, plus highlighting key images from the book. Enyinne Owunwanne of African fashion website Heritage 1960 will moderate the discussion.
Be sure to check out our exclusive interview with the Helen here. Enjoy!
New York Public Library, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street
New York, NY 10018-2788
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017