It’s that time of the year…..with the drinks a’ flowing, skin a’ glowing and er, legs a’ showing, stay sweat and smudge-proof, fresh and frizz-free all night long with a head-to-toe list of party-proof beauty essentials available on both sides of the pond. Have fun ladies…and stay fly!
1. Aveda Control Force Hairspray- 300ml £18.00/$27.95
This humidity-defying hairspray, containing flaxseed and marshmallow root to provide 24-hour hold and control, will keep locks in place whilst preventing frizz. Spray onto dry hair at arms’ length, or layer product into the hair in short burst for extra hold and definition.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Matt Touch Primer- 30ml £27.05/$42.00
A face primer that will keep makeup in place, controls oil and brightens the complexion are standard requirements when it comes to being face-ready during party season. YSL’s velvety formula containing micro-powders will have you looking flawless all night, and be head turner under those camera flashes and bright lights.
3. Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara in Absolute Black- 11ml £7.99/$12.41
For lashes that combine dramatic, exaggerated volume with maximum staying power, apply two to three coats of this vinyl-based mascara that stays put, even for the blear- eyed 5am girl. It’ll make Bambi proud.
4. MAC Liquidlast Liquid Liner in Point Black- 2.5ml £14.00/$21.74
THE liquid liner that stands the test of time (and the effects of getting emotional after too much wine). The non-budge, smudge and waterproof formula REALLY does last the whole night*, and comes in a precision line applicator pen perfect for thin, winged and sharp cat-eyed wearers.
*I learned this the hard way after nonchalantly trying the liner on the back of my hand at the makeup counter, and when it came washing my hands after it did not budge. For two days! Use an oil-based make-up remover, such as MAC’s Cleanse Off Oil- 150ml £16.00 for easy removal.
5. Benefit D’Finer D’Liner Invisible Lip Pencil- £14.00/$21.74
Keep lipstick and glosses in place with an invisible lip liner that works on all lip shades and complexions, which melts into the fine lines in the lips and evens the surface, laying the perfect foundation for your lipwear.
6. Aveda Peppymint- 6ml £5.00/$7.76
As a tidier and classier alternative to chewing gum, refresh breath with these powerful liquid drops of peppermint and anise. Perfect for a Mistletoe Moment or to prevent offending folks after consuming too many shots of tequila, rum, whiskey…
7. Soft & Gentle Body Responsive Roll-On Deodorant- 50ml £0.95/$1.48
Wave your hands in the air like you just don’t care- and like sweat patches are a foreign term to you, with a roll-on that prevents perspiration, keeps you fresh and protects you 24/7, not to mention being kinder to your skin too with its soybean oil formula.
8. The Body Shop White Musk Chiffon Sheer Body Mist- 100ml £7.00/$10.87
Spray this lighter version of The Body Shop fragrance classic all over your body for instant cooling and refreshment during the night.
Take us out, Lionel…..
Last 5 posts by Charmaine
- Tracy Reese Gives Glowing Spring Make-up Tips: Get The Look! - March 14th, 2012
- Red Lips For Brown Girls, Thanks Kate Moss! - October 25th, 2011
- Beyoncé's 1960s Winged Eyeliner: Get The Look! - October 24th, 2011
- Support Breast Cancer Awareness with Pink Manicures! - October 20th, 2011
- Inside France's black|Up Cosmetic Brand - October 6th, 2011