Need an idea, inspiration or want to learn something new? Look no further than your computer and TED Talks. After engaging in some heated discussions while in London recently that centered around cultural stereotyping and misconception, I found this video endearing. Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Adichie shares her views on the dangers of a single story, or rather what happens when we only hear and believe a single story or idea about another person or country. Kinda like Phaedra of RHOA who consistently verbally associates the entire continent of Africa with bare-chested women when trying to mention how cosmopolitan she is—sorry, I couldn’t help myself.
Basically, when you allow yourself to expand your global perspective, you also open yourself to experiences, travels and friends that not only enrich your life but open the door to new opportunities and more. Check it out below and be inspired:
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017