Not such good news this morning — the creator of “Soul Train” Don Cornelius has been found dead. He was 75 years old.
Cornelius reportedly suffered a self-inflicted shot to the head in his Sherman Oaks, California home, according to TMZ.
Born Don Cortez Cornelius, he was best known for producing the society-shifting African-American dance show “Soul Train.” Running from 1971 to 2006, “Soul Train” welcomed everyone from Al Green to The Jacksons and more. He even had a film surrounding the show on the horizon.
“We’ve been in discussions with several people about getting a movie off the ground. It wouldn’t be the ‘Soul Train’ dance show, it would be more of a biographical look at the project,” he told the Los Angeles Times in 2010. “It’s going to be about some of the things that really happened on the show.”
Last 5 posts by Hillary Crosley
- Your Weekend Getaway In...Dutchess County, NY! - June 22nd, 2018
- Hotel Love: The Old Rhinebeck Inn - May 13th, 2018
- Cyber Monday Is Coming, Travel Deals Are Here! - November 20th, 2017
- Flying With Kids: The Good, The Bad, The Body Fluids - December 22nd, 2016
- Here's How Not to Ride a Bike in Amsterdam - October 24th, 2016