This week in Parlouroids … Quincy Jones turned 80! R&B singer Letoya Luckett rang in her birthday with comedian Kevin Hart. Tina Turner covered VOGUE Germany’s April issue and America’s First Lady Michelle Obama covered VOGUE in the States right before she and President Obama invited the first Black Miss Israel Yityish Aynaw for dinner at The White House. In Brooklyn, protests surrounding the murder of 16-year-old Kimani Gray who was shot by New York Police last Saturday have taken place every night this week in the neighborhood of Flatbush.
Elsewhere in heart-breaking news, Jonylah Watkins, a six-month-old baby, was fatally shot five times in Chicago crossfire this week. In response, Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose offered to cover the funeral costs. Just when we thought we couldn’t love him more … Back in New York, singers Melanie Fiona and Bridget Kelly performed and partied at an 80’s themed birthday bash for popular NYC promotor and socialite Legendary Damon. Down in Miami, Dwyane Wade posed with his adorable sons for Dove’s Men-care Fatherhood Campaign and Salma Hayek dug in on the set of her latest Got Milk? campaign. Beyoncé, Tia Mowry-Hardrict, and Tamera Mowry-Housley, who are all moms, cover Shape and Essence magazines, making us all want to hit the gym.
Last 5 posts by Victoria Johnson
- Charles Ramsey Saves Amanda Berry, Beyoncé Stuns and Kim K Confuses Us: Parlouroids! - May 10th, 2013
- Your Weekend Getaway in … Chicago! - May 8th, 2013
- Kriss Kross' Chris Kelly Dies, Lil Wayne's Failed Emmett Till Apology + J.Cole's Twin Fetish?: Parlouroids - May 3rd, 2013
- Lauryn Hill's Return, Beyonce and Blue Ivy's Cuteness and Remembering Stephen Lawrence: Parlouroids! - April 26th, 2013
- Karen O at Coachella, Kevin Hart Tweets Drunken Arrest and Beyonce's Nipples: Parlouroids! - April 19th, 2013