Name: Christina Tapper
Occupation: Sports and Entertainment journalist
Website/Links: Christina Tapper
Passport Stamps: Over 16 countries including Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Thailand, China, Spain, Belgium, and Portugal
1. My Best Travel Memory So Far: An hour long conversation with two Buddhist monks in Chiang Mai, Thailand about life, love and meditation. Moments like that remind me despite cultural and religious differences, we’re alike in more ways than we think. Another fond memory: walking the Great Wall of China while marveling at the sprawling beauty that endlessly snakes through the mountains and experiencing the fun of tobogganing. Oh, and unexpectedly scoring a first class seat to Ghana just as I was boarding the flight, which I almost missed. The travel gods were looking out for me that day.
2. Favorite Hotel & Why: The Chatrium Riverside Hotel in Bangkok. A great view of the Chao Phraya River, excellent customer service and a delightful breakfast buffet. The Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas is also a favorite. The staff spoiled me with frozen grapes, poolside.
3. My Must-haves On Any Flight Are: A window seat! Fruit snacks (I always have a sweet tooth), my Embark travel pillow, a cardigan or oversized scarf, and Olay daily facial cloths to reinvigorate my skin once I land.
4. When I’m On The Road, I Absolutely Hate: Plane delays, overly aggressive vendors, and re-packing before heading home.
5. My Dream Destination or Vacation: I want to go sandboarding in Dubai, waddle with the penguins in Antarctica, and revel in the serenity of French Polynesia.
6. The Three Things I Can’t Travel Without: 1. My camera, 2. a good cross-body bag and 3. Emergen-C packets (immune system defense!).
7. Top Lesson Learned While Traveling: Be flexible. Not everything will go according to plan and that’s ok. That’s when the real adventure begins.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers today to email@example.com—if we like them we will post on here on Parlour!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017