Fresh from the opening of its latest hotel property, a snazzy new Best Western International, the Tourism Ministry of Haiti unveiled its first commercial ad since 2010’s devastating earthquake. Aimed at luring would-be Caribbean vacationers to the island, various Haitians speak in Creole (with English subtitles) and invite you to “let yourself go” and discover the “soul of the Caribbean.” One can see how a boost to the tourism economy would impact the island’s overall recovery with an influx of jobs and international currency—but just how much of the new tourism dollars will actually make it to locals? Decide for yourself while watching the spot below:
So, Haiti for New Year’s Eve 2013/2014? It’s on the radar.
Last 5 posts by Shannon Washington
- We've Moved. Say Hello to Parlourtravel.com! - November 9th, 2019
- #TravelFly To Thailand With Us! - September 23rd, 2019
- The Ultimate Trinidad Carnival / Crop Over Packing List - December 2nd, 2018
- The 17 Things We Can't Travel Without In 2018! - December 23rd, 2017
- Hotel Love: The Zen Oasis @ Club Med Punta Cana - March 15th, 2017