When she’s not busy working as a powerhouse in fashion as a partner of Liberty Fairs and inspiring teens who want to work in the fashion industry, style maven Sharifa Murdock is on the go, in the air and hitting the ground running. See seamless she integrates her fashion life with her travels with this week’s Travel Seven!
Name: Sharifa Murdock
Home City/Country: Brooklyn, NY. USA
Occupation: Co-founder of Liberty Fashion & Lifestyle Fairs
Website/Links: Liberty Fairs
Passport Stamps Include: Japan, Germany, Spain
1. My best travel memory so far is… My first trip to Japan. I was awestruck by not only the amount of retail, but the level of discovery that the country had to offer. Japan has such a unique sense of style and such a commitment to fashion. It was truly inspiring. That trip still inspires me to this day.
2. My favorite hotel & why… The Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun. Unlike a lot of other all-inclusive resorts, this particular one really gives you the five-star treatment. I appreciate when hotels and resorts have great customer service and theirs is great. Attention to detail really goes a long way with me.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… My Super sunglasses for those early flights, Urban Ears headphones plus a great library of music, my Want Essentiiels de la Vie bag that can hold everything, and a classic comfortable Nike hoodie. And of course my iPad.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate…Traffic and flight delays—I just want to get there!
5. My dream destination or vacation is… Fiji. I’m hoping to get there soon!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… 1. My new St. Laurent sneakers, 2. My White + Warren scarf and 3. My two cell phones because work never sleeps or stops.
7. The Top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Definitely to be adventurous. It’s easy to bask and relax in a luxury hotel or spend all of your time at the beach or sipping drinks by the pool, but I find it more rewarding to venture off of the beaten path. You never know what you’ll find!
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017