Singing, acting, modeling, reality-tv’ing…if there is one thing that multi-disciplined maven Africa Miranda knows it’s how to GO at a moment’s notice. We caught up with her in between her daily move-making to get a personal view at her travel style, future plans and lessons learned.
Name: Africa Miranda
Home City/Country: Atlanta, GA
Occupation: Actress, Model, Performer
Website/Links: Africa Miranda
Passport Stamps Include: Nigeria, Qatar, Brazil, Germany, Jamaica, Mexico, France, Spain & more.
1. My best travel memory so far is…My first trip to Rio de Janeiro. I was visiting a friend who was there on a work assignment, so I was alone most of the day. It was the first time I traveled solo and I was forced to learn the city and navigate it myself—an absolutely life-changing trip for me, and I fell in love with the city on my own terms. It’s now my spiritual second home.
2. My favorite hotel & why… The W Hotel in Doha, Quatar. I performed there for there New Year’s Eve celebration and also stayed as a guest. There, luxury and attention to detail is an understatement. The staff was the kindest and most accommodating I’ve ever experienced.
3. My must-haves on any flight are…Moisturizer, toothbrush, and hand sanitizer.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… flight delays and when I over-pack. I’m working on it!
5. My dream destination or vacation is… Australia…I want cuddle time with a koala bear so bad!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are…Benadryl, my travel journal, and scarves.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is…Don’t be afraid to travel alone or if you are with a group to separate for a while. Some of my best adventures have happened when I’ve wandered off the beaten path on one of my solo missions (safety first of course!). Also be open…to new cuisine, to new people, and to new activities.
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017