For our first Travel Seven of the year, we are excited to introduce you to Nicole Brewer who is taking the phrase “travel life” to the next level! Through her own blog, I Luv To Globe Trot and her experience as a lecturer/educator, she is seeing and capturing this world to inspire the rest of us daily. Get to know her with her Travel Seven:
Detroit, MI. USA
English Lecturer and Travel
Passport Stamps Include: Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China,Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Netherlands, Oman, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and more.
1. My best travel memory so far is… finally making it to Australia! Australia was one of my dream destinations to trot to since I was a young girl, so for me to travel there solo was beyond epic. It was such a great vacation, from meeting Kelis in the airport on my way to Melbourne to being one of the people to catch Erykah Badu as she dove off a stage and laying eyes on the Opera House in Sydney. It was indeed one of my favorite places to travel to thus far!
2. My favorite hotel & why…
I absolutely love a cute hotel, with a nice spa! If it has a gorgeous pool and spa I’m all game. One of my faves would have to be the Shangri-La
in Muscat, Oman. The spa game is on point and their bar is glorious indeed.
3. My must-haves on any flight are…Is a nice scarf. It can be great for a fashion emergency but also helps to keep you warm when it gets a bit chilly.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Standing out as an American. As someone who has lived as an expat for the past several years, I think it’s important to be humble and try to blend in with the culture of where you are trotting to.
5. My dream destination or vacation is… A cruise around the coast of Africa. I’ve lived in South Africa for 3 months last summer while researching for my thesis, but there is so much more to the continent. I can’t wait to see such as Madagascar and Egypt!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… 1) A notepad to jot down notes in order to blog about my experiences in detail later. It’s imperative for someone that is interested in travel writing such as myself. 2) A camera is also important to document said experiences. I live for my Nikon! 3) My cellphone just in case I have good wifi and can share pics on the go with my followers, friends and fam. Also, it helps to be able to access all of the amazing travel apps, such as the one that we are getting ready to develop for I Luv 2 Globe Trot.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… love what you do and everything else will fall into place. Traveling has opened my world to so many amazing opportunities. I’ve managed to meet amazing people and in return, I’ve learned so much about myself as a global citizen. I’ve found that travel is one of my main passions and thus love to share my experiences with others in order to help them see the world in a brand new light.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers today to firstname.lastname@example.org—if we like them we will post on here on Parlour!