Passport Stamps Include: Spain, Morocco, Malta, Italy, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Bahamas
1. My best travel memory so far is… When I spent a night under the full moon in the Sahara Desert. Going to Morocco for a week was a birthday present to myself and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. There was a beautiful sense of clarity when I was able to pass time with only the bare minimum and it made me realize how blessed I am to have so many different experiences traveling and living in different countries. It was something I would have never imagined doing in a million years.
2. My favorite hotel & why… Without a doubt, the Hotel Chic and Basic Born in Barcelona. It’s the perfect combination of minimal and boutique that is perfect for anyone’s needs. It was the most accommodating experience I’ve ever had, not to mention it’s amazing location and fantastic interior design.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… An extra sweater, my journal and a new book.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Feeling as if I’m “obliged” to do anything. I’m the type of traveler that likes to go with the flow and explore parts of the city that aren’t necessarily tourist attractions. I long to have a genuine and authentic experience no matter where I go.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… – My camera: I’m a photographer so seeing new places always draws me to shoot even more. To capture emotions and daily life in different cultures or in my own neighborhood is always intriguing for me. My notebook: writing while traveling allows for sacred moments in time to be remember in a vivid fashion, months or years later. Learning more about the world and yourself through writing is one of the most beautiful things that we can do. A new travel playlist: I’m a music junkie so having new tunes before a trip is always a definite yes for me.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… Allow yourself to be open to new opportunities. Sometimes it’s for the best when things don’t necessarily go “according to plan.”
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017