Passport Stamps Include: USA, Canada, Barbados, Trinidad, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Greece, Czech Republic, Italy, United Arab Emirates, Mauritius & more.
1. My best travel memory so far is…Visiting Trinidad for their carnival. I have been to quite a few carnivals including Crop Over (Barbados), Notting Hill (London) and the Labour Day Parade (New York) amongst others, but in West Indian culture Trinidad is considered the biggest and best carnival in the world. It had been on my bucket list for a long time, and I finally realized the dream this year. It was everything I envisaged, and more! From playing mas and jouvert, cruising on boat parties, attending cooler fetes and everything in between, I had the time of my life! I cannot wait to hopefully go again next year.
2. My favorite hotel & why…The La Pirogue in Mauritius is basically paradise within a resort. The rooms are gorgeous, traditionally-styled private bungalows and the beach has perfect white sandy beaches and turquoise water. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure that your stay is comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and the wide selection of food is divine.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… A great playlist and a new book.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Traveling with people who just want to sleep all day. You can sleep at home!
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… My phone, sufficient funds and my camera.
7. The top lesson I’ve learned while traveling is… “Not all those who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The Travel Seven: Dee Olateru - December 9th, 2018
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017