1. My best travel memory so far is… There are so many, but one that stands out is my very first backpacking trip to Turkey and Greece, a trip I ended up going solo. This was the trip that turned my wanderlust up a notch, it was the trip where people first asked me for pictures as a black woman abroad and I was shocked. I then realized that representation matters everywhere. It was on this trip that I went to Cappadocia and watched the sunrise as I floated over amazing rock formations in a basket attached to a hot air balloon. I thought—wow…there’s a world out there and I plan on seeing it!
2. My favorite hotel & why… Any hotel with the signature Westin Heavenly Mattress is a win in my books.
3. My must-haves on any flight are… A scarf because I get cold easily, music on my phone, my favorite podcasts downloaded, and my notes app on my phone. I’m often writing down ideas or blog posts in flight.
4. When I’m on the road, I absolutely hate… Getting an upset stomach but thankfully, this rarely ever happens-knock on wood!
5. My dream destination or vacation is… Madagascar.
6. The three things I can’t travel without are… My passport, my camera, and a positive attitude.
Already on your second or third passport? Join the Travel Seven and submit your answers here. Once we review and approve we will feature your profile on Parlour. | #travelfly
Last 5 posts by Parlour
- Chicken & Ginger Chips and Fulani Flavors: A Taste Of Ghana - May 4th, 2019
- The #TravelFlySolo19 Tour du Maroc Is Here! - September 3rd, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kristen Wiggins - January 28th, 2018
- The Travel Seven: Kamerin Chambers - October 11th, 2017
- The Travel Seven: Elisia Brown - July 18th, 2017